top of page

Boat Insurance - Frequently Asked Questions

What does my boat insurance policy cover?

Comprehensive cover = The components of the vessel, Third Party Liability and accident and injury of the named insured.

Third Party Liability Insurance = Cover if your vessel causes damage or injury to another vessel or within a marina.

What do I do when I have a boating insurance claim?

Contact the claims department of your insurance company and/or contact Lisa at Aqua Marine HQ to assist in the steps of your claim.

How often does the rigging need to be replaced for boat insurance purposes?

Most insurers state the rigging needs to be renewed every 10 years. A rigging report from a certified rigger may be able to extend this. With Bluewater cruising, some insurers require the rigging to be renewed every 7 years.

How do the Cyclone Zones work?

In Australia, the cyclone season comes into affect as of the 1st of November until the 30th of April.

Each insurance company have their own cyclone zone areas. Please read your PDS or talk to Lisa to direct your question.

Do I need a Survey for boat insurance?

It is always a good idea to have an independent pre-purchase survey done by a certified surveyor. A survey helps you to understand your vessel better and to identify if there are any unseaworthy issues that need to be rectified before you make the purchase. Most insurance companies require a survey of your vessel if it is aged over 7 - 10 years old.

Do you have an insurance related question or require a quote?

Should you require assistance, please contact Lisa direct:




M: 0403 762 826

aqua marine hq boat insurance frequently
bottom of page